What to Know and DO about
FRACKING in California!
What is fracking?
Fracking, or hydraulic fracturing, is a drilling process injecting vast quantities of water and chemicals deep into the earth.
TOP FIVE REASONS WE’RE AGAINST FRACKING:
- Chemicals used contain known carcinogens.
- Fracking is currently active and unregulated in California.
- Fracking is a threat to ground water in both toxicity and over-consumption.
- Disposal of fracking waste water is known to trigger earthquakes—a dangerous threat compounded by our numerous seismic fault lines.
- Fracking endangers our farmlands, vineyards and livestock.
WHAT TO DO:
Contact Governor Jerry Brown’s office and say:
“We need a moratorium on fracking in California until regulations are in place that truly protect people and the environment.”
Email: http://gov.ca.gov/m_contact.php (or just google ‘Governor Brown contact’)
Phone: (916) 445-2841 You can call him more than once …..and tell your friends!
Thanks from the Mainstreet Moms! .