For a very long time, women have fought for equality and empowerment. In the past, women were expected to stay at home and take care of their kids. Now, they can also get a quality education and pursue a competitive career. They can even run their own business if they want to. Times have changed, and society has now accepted that women can also chase their dreams, just like men. Unfortunately, there are still situations when women still face harsh judgments because of people’s high expectations. That is especially true for working moms. Indeed, you can continue working, but you need to make sure that you still have time to take care of your husband as well as your kids.
Society’s opinions aside, you need to think of effective strategies to handle all your obligations. Even if you have a supportive partner who helps you raise kids, you still need to find out how to have the perfect work-life balance. Remember, motherhood can be stressful and exhausting. It can take up most of your time, so you need to figure out how to perform your duties as a parent. You may feel overwhelmed with your situation, especially if you have a loaded schedule at work. The key is to build a strategy that will help you find time for your career and your family.
Practical Strategies to Have a Work-Life Balance
You have to ensure that you can fulfil your parenting tasks even if you have a full-time job. That is the consequence of pursuing a career and deciding to raise a family. Some people decide to let go of their jobs to focus on performing their duties as a parent. Others choose to commit to a part-time job to have more time for their kids without sacrificing their careers. If you don’t want to quit your full-time job, you need to ensure that you know how to organize your schedule correctly. Here are a few recommendations that you can follow:
- Get professional childcare services—You need to accept that you can’t take care of your kids while working in the office. You shouldn’t feel guilty about it because you are pursuing a career to improve your family’s income. In short, you are doing it for your family. You need to make sure that you get high-quality childcare services from trusted and reliable professionals. This way, you don’t have to worry too much about your kids while you work.
- Build a family calendar—Install a huge calendar in the living room or dining area. Let your kids and your partner write down important events. That may include school events, company dinners. The key is to have a platform where everyone will know what’s happening to your lives. You will also be reminded if there are important dates where you need to organize your personal schedule to make time for it.
- Propose a flexible work schedule—Communicate with your employer and see if you can request for a flexible work schedule. Most companies nowadays are also accepting work-from-home arrangements, which is hugely beneficial to parents. Take advantage of flexible work arrangements so you can have more time for your family.
- Minimize distractions—Be strict about spending quality time with your family. Minimize screen time and make sure that everyone is not too busy with their mobile phones or computers.
- Have a specific time for family bonding—Set a particular time to bond with the family. Everyone should be able to participate in this activity. For instance, every morning, you need to eat breakfast with your partner and your kids. If not, you can make dinner as your family bonding moment. Aside from daily bonding activities, ensure that you also schedule some time for a family vacation. Let your kids visit new places and try activities such as beach hopping, hiking, or airport shopping in Changi or Incheon.
- Spend quality time with your partner—Don’t forget to catch up with your partner. Have a romantic dinner date at home. Watch a movie together or go on a quick vacation. You can take your kids to their grandparents, so you don’t have to worry about them while you are away. Doing this will help you retain the romantic bond you have with your partner.
Aside from these recommendations, you should also take some time to practice self-care habits. Don’t forget to prioritize your health so you can accomplish all your tasks. If you are feeling too stressed and tires about everything, you can always take a break. Take some time off from work and request someone else to take care of your kids. Find time to relax or have fun alone or with your family. The key is to find time for yourself despite having a loaded schedule because of your family and career. Find an effective strategy so that you will have time fulfilling all your responsibilities and obligations.